In November 2013, AFAQ/AFNOR, the largest certifying body in France and one of the leading bodies globally, carried out an audit in about 15 Norauto centres throughout the whole of France.
Over 10 years after the initial certification (2002) and following this new audit, 90% of the Norauto France network – 346 franchised and branch centres – is now ISO 14001 certified, compared with 85% in 2012.
This is great progress, which rewards the efforts of Norauto and MobiviaGroupe to make mobility more sustainable and cleaner. The audit has enabled Norauto, according to one of the auditors appointed by AFAQ/AFNOR, “to strengthen even further its lead in terms of environmental management with regard to its competitors”; this has been achieved by implementing initiatives within the context of a global CSR strategy that is largely approved by employees:
- Conducting an Environmental Analysis, internal audit and management review for each centre
- Simple and practical ISO 14001 tools for the centre directors
- An e-learning platform at the disposal of each auto centre
- Effective internal communication (in-house newsletter, intranet, etc.)
- Dematerialisation in the process of being rolled out
- Monitoring of mandatory periodic checks (via the Securis tool)
- The distribution of a good practice guide for waste and energy management